Ponytail Palm in Self Watering Pot Care Instructions
Sub-irrigation system ensures optimal water supply and solves the problem of frequent watering.
The water level indicator shows when the reservoir is empty and needs to be re-filled. It takes the guesswork out of watering process. This innovative pot creates the perfect environment for each plant.
How to water:
1. After receiving a plant wait for 1 week and check the soil. Make sure soil is dry before watering.
2. First 3 months water your plant as you normally would from the top, through the soil. Add 32 ounces (4 cups) of water on average once a month. Spread water evenly around the plant. Be sure to let the soil become very dry before watering again.
This period is important for roots development. During this time plant is adapting to its new environment after being moved from the green house and repotted.
3. After 3 months start using pot’s water supply shaft to water your plant.
4. Pour 32 ounces (4 cups) of water in the pot, using the water supply shaft.
5. After water indicator shows low water supply wait for 30 days and then add 32 ounces (4 cups) of water again.
On average add water once a month. Be sure to let the soil become very dry before watering again.
6. Once in a while water your plant as you normally would, pouring water from the top through the soil. It is good for a plant to have water running through its roots.
7. Always check top soil before watering. Stick your finger about an inch into the soil and if it feels dry add water, if soil feels moist wait for few more days and check soil again before watering.
It grows best in semi-dry conditions. They prefer warm, arid temperatures, above 60ºF.
Fertilize during Spring time with liquid fertilizer at half strength once a month.